Are You Searching for Best Front Load Washing Machine in India 2019
Gone are the afternoon’s laundry chores of the early 90’s. You no longer have to take a lump of detergent and then mash your laundry in a bucket of water. You will no longer even need to queue up for the community laundry room, or opt for a third-party laundry service – because washing machines have become more and more affordable through the years (and also had a 7-8% cut on top of it recently, thanks to the introduction of GST). But first, let’s resolve the most common dilemma people have when it comes to buying washing machines.
Why Front Load Washing machine is better than Top load Washing machine?
Broadly speaking, there are two types of washing machines: top-loading and front-loading. Many will recommend you buy the top-loaders, because:
(1) They are easy to load into
(2) always cheaper than their front-loading counterparts.
But here’s the catch: go for the front-loaders. Why? Because washing machines is a long-term investment. It will possibly outlast every other home appliance you have. To complement this, the front-loaders come out as an all-around better solution in the long run.
They cost much more up front, but this initial cost is offset by the money you are actually going to save in the coming years. Compared to top-loaders, they are built to be significantly more durable (goodbye to maintenance cost), water-efficient (hooray to environmentalism), energy-efficient (hooray for lower monthly bills), and do a better cleaning job too (which was the purpose in the first place).
Now without further ado, let’s get down to business: there are a staggeringly high number of front-loading washing machines available on the market. So to help you out, we are going to assess and compare the top 13 products to find out which one is the best of the best.
Best Front Load Washing Machine in India 2019
These are Best Front Load Washing Machine in India 2019
- IFB Senator Aqua SX 8 kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
- Bosch WAT24464IN 8 kg Fully-Automatic Front Load Washing Machine
- IFB Elite WX 7.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
- Bosch WAK24268IN 7 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
- IFB Senorita Aqua SX 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
- Bosch WAK24168IN 7 kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
- IFB Eva Aqua SX 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Load Washing Machine
- Bosch WAK20166IN 6.5 kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
- LG FH0FANDNL02 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Load Washing Machine
- IFB Diva Aqua SX 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
- Samsung WW60M206LMW/TL 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
- Bosch WAB16060IN 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
- BPL BFAFL65WX1- 6.5 kg Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine
Best Front Loading Washing Machine in India 2019
Coming up first is a package that delivers on all possible fronts. That said, if you are a bachelor living by yourself in your apartment, you can go for a smaller alternative.
- If you have a family of four, however, the IFB Senator AquaSX is a very feasible solution. The only apparent con out of the box is that it weighs around 75kg, so it is rather hard to move around. But then again this is a common thing about most front-loading washing machines with high load weight, as you will come to see.
- Senator Aqua SX can handle 8kg of laundry weight in a go, and thus depending on your family size can even take care of more than two day’s laundry in one instance.
- Performance is top-notch and makes it among the best washing machines you can get your hands on in India. Of course, we cannot make such a claim without backing the point up. So here are some in-built features that the Senator Aqua can give you:
- It has a smart foam-control system that automatically detects excessive foam generation and dilutes it to even out the proportion, resulting in a more efficient wash.
- The nozzle makes use of a 3D wash system to circulate the water around the drum, dissolving the detergent evenly and almost instantaneously. This helps the detergent penetrate deeper into the dirty laundry.
- Finally, IFB Senator Aqua SX is a force to be reckoned with if your locale has a lot of hard water influx (i.e. mineral components are high). How does it cope with this? With its Aqua Energie system that converts bicarbonates in the water into the crystal. This means that it is somewhat converted into soft water, which then washes your clothes gently. Neat, right?
- You can adjust the spin speed at anything between 1400 and 400 rpm.
- Many front load washing machines cannot be interrupted once the spinning process begins. This is not a problem here, because you can even pause the process and even stuff more laundry midway!
This one comes directly as a brainchild of Bosch, the German electronics juggernaut. True to its reputation, the Bosch Fully-Automatic boasts great engineering, coming with no less than 12 years of motor warranty (as well as 2 years of comprehensive washing machine warranty).
- Like the IFB Senator, Bosch also has an 8kg load capacity, i.e. ideal for a family of four, but not so much if you are a bachelor. It’s an overkill if you buy this bulky a washing machine for one person.
- A moderately high maximum spin speed of 1200rpm.
- Like most front-loading washing machines, Bosch’s appliance is energy efficient and minimizes water consumption. But it has an even greater durability than standard front-loaders, which is saying something. Its stainless steel chassis can withstand great pressures. This means that you can always go for the maximum rpm for quick drying without any fear of damage whatsoever.
- If you read the two points directly above, you can likely connect the dots. It dramatically reduces the actual wash time. To give you an estimation, you get the washing done roughly twice as quickly as most market alternatives.
- You can leave it to Bosch for automation – this washing machine even identifies the amount of water you need. With its Active Water Plus technology, it can adjust the water level depending on how much laundry you put in it. This looks simple enough in theory, but it actually goes the extra mile to factor in the laundry weight as accurately as possible, and even sense the fabric.
- If you know the second thing about washing machines, it is that they are terribly loud. But if you buy from Bosch, you can say goodbye to the noise you could otherwise hear more than three rooms away. Its Anti-Vibration design makes this possible, but as an added benefit, less vibration also means more stability.
- Comes with an in-built heater, too!
Our second contender from IFB, this is to a degree a lite version of IFB Senator Aqua. Priced at a quite affordable 35000 INR, IFB 7.5kg offers nearly all the good features of a front-loading washing machine at a slightly reduced capacity compared to the superior Senator Aqua.
- 5kg of load capacity is nothing to scoff at. It can handle the laundry needs of a family of four at ease.
- A decent max speed of 1200 rpm.
- This does not have Senator Aqua’s 3D Wash mechanism, but its 2D wash alternative is also quite effective on its own. It comes built with a very well-designed sprinkler that alternates between washing and rinsing. This utilizes an intermittent showering system, and your laundry gets properly soaked.
- No need to dilly-dally around slowly placing laundry – you can stuff them all at once in whichever way you please. Say hello to IFB’s smart auto-balancing system. It detects and redistributes your laundry weight proportionately.
- It also incorporates IFB’s signature Aqua Energie system that makes sure the detergent is completely dissolved in the water. As you might have guessed, this makes a large difference in the cleaning quality and gets rid of the most stubborn stains.
- A crescent moon drum ensures that there will be no tears or damage to your clothing even at max spin speed over a sustained period. Its gentle swirl washing ability makes it a great option to clean delicate fabrics – silk, satin, chiffons and such.
- Concerned about excess water input? No longer. The Elite WX features a float ball valve, which drains excess water while filtering the detergent and keeping it in. All the detergent in the mix will be utilized, and not the slightest bit wasted.
- Washing machines boast a long lifetime, but the Elite WX comes with an extra feature to ensure greater durability. It has a special Tub cleaning programmer that can dry the drum thoroughly after the wash. No more limescale throes!
The best thing about the Bosch WAK24268IN is its customizability – you can set it to any of more than 6 washing modes. Let us get to into the features at length:
- If you purchase this, you are entitled to 10 Years of warranty on the motor (2 years on the collective product).
- As we mentioned earlier, the special modes take the highlight for this model, and to complement this, it comes pre-built with a very accessible LED display and electronic dials for ease of operation. These special modes are
- Hygiene mode to eliminate germs and allergens
- Kids wear mode to incentivize a slower but more thorough cleaning
- Monsoon Mode (i.e. Freshen-up mode) 15 min/ 30 min
- Delicate mode for delicate fabrics like silk and chiffon
- Synthetics mode
- Wool mode (gentle handwash)
- A drum clean mode
- Moderately high load weight cap at 7kg.
- It comes with the Active Water Plus technology that can sense laundry weight and fabric and adjust the water level accordingly.
- Some days, your workload can completely destroy your daily chores routine. Hefty working schedules often mean you only find time to do your laundry at the end of the day. Thanks to Bosch WAK24268IN’s anti-vibration design, you can now do it at night without disturbing anyone’s sleep. It is not nearly as loud as other washing machines, keeping noise levels limited to 54 dB when washing and 74 dB when cleaning.
- Those of you with toddlers or children under 14 know how curious they are. No worries there, because Bosch’s washing machines come with a child lock system that freezes all other control functions.
- If water pressure is a concern in your area, then Bosch WAK24268IN is the best laundry solution with you. It is completely capable of functioning under water pressures as low as 0.3 bar.
For a relatively low 32000 INR (give or take fluctuations), Senorita Aqua packs a lot of features, including the standard features that you can find in the current generation IFB models.
- The most marketed feature, of course, is the Aqua Energie system. This allows for a filter treatment to properly dissolve detergent into the water. And the better it dissolves, the more it can penetrate your clothes during the soaking phase, the cleaner the clothes you get.
- It features a baby wear mode for a slower but extra careful cleaning process to ensure maximum hygiene for your children.
- The IFB Senorita Aqua SX is perfect for all you gym rats. Picture this: with your convenience in mind, it actually brings a dedicated express wash mode, which is designed to quickly wash a smaller load of slightly soiled clothes/sportswear.
- 5 kg load weight capacity, and a decent 1000 rpm spin speed.
- Its water consumption rate is quite low at 40 liters on average.
- Other than being energy-efficient, this also features a high/low voltage production safeguard. As it monitors voltage fluctuation, it freezes all operation when it detects unsafe electricity levels and starts them only after voltage stabilizes.
- Senorita Aqua SX has a child-lock system, so you don’t have to worry about children tinkering with the controls.
- 3D Wash system that utilizes nozzle to regulate water distribution and soak clothes thoroughly.
- With its swirl wash system, you can take care of your silk, satin, lace, and chiffons without fear of fabric damage. Also features a crescent moon drum which makes sure clothes suffer no tears even at full rotation speed.
- Forgot to add in all the laundry in one go? You can now pause the wash cycle at will to add more laundry on the fly!
- Comes with 4 years of comprehensive warranty on the product.
If you have been following all the entries on the list, and feel confusion, it is because the product has an almost similar name to Bosch’s 24268IN. The 168IN and 268IN are hard to tell apart– both of them also come with the same capacity of 7kg. Although their product naming system is a bit wonky, Bosch offers the best of German engineering with the convenience of cheap prices.
- The chief difference between the Bosch WAK24168IN and the WAK24268IN is that 168IN does not offer a manual RPM control for wash cycles, and neither does it a separate button to modify temperature. For this trade off, and a smaller LED display, the 168IN costs around 5000INR less than the 268IN.
- But other than that, the two are nearly identical. Bosch WAK24168IN also comes with 10 years of motor warranty and 2 years of the comprehensive product warranty.
- It has an in-built voltage monitoring system that checks fluctuation. This means that washing cycles will be automatically stopped when unsafe voltage levels are detected, making the washing machine both energy-efficient and safe for use under all circumstances.
- Bosch WAK24168IN has an automated drum cleaning method that purges all toxic residues and lint. It will keep itself disinfected, plus you will not need to spend time manually cleaning it.
- It has a reload option that lets you stop the washing cycle to add or remove laundry at will.
- Although not separately adjustable, it comes with a high spin rate of 1200 rpm.
- It is environment-friendly, producing minimal noise. To give you an idea, the maximum noise levels are around 50dB when washing and around 65dB when cleaning.
- Bosch’s Speed Perfect technology lets you reduce washing time as much as 65%.
The Eva Aqua is the smallest washing machine to come out of the current generation of IFB models in India. But by this, we don’t mean its modest load capacity also reflects its other aspects. Eva Aqua is still as feature-rich as all IFB front-loading fully automatic washing machines, coming pre-installed with no less than 15 wash programs.
- At a 6kg load capacity and a 320 mm door diameter, it is ideal for a small family of two or three.
- As you would expect, it includes the signature IFB feature of Aqua Energie, which ‘energizes water’, i.e. a system that both breaks the bicarbonates in the water and helps the detergent dissolve better. This makes it a great choice if your water supply brings in hard water (i.e. water with a high mineral ratio that is not optimal for washing operations).
- Although it has a low spin speed at 800 rpm, its 2D shower system and 360-degree water distribution make it very competent at cleaning.
- Incorporates the ball valve technology, eliminating detergent wastage. If you want an explanation, note that in washing machines without ball valve systems, about one-third of the detergent is considered the wasted offset, because this proportion of the detergent gets drained along with the water before being used in the wash cycle.
- Allows for adding more laundry in the middle of the wash cycle by pausing the cycle.
- Its crescent moon drum ensures that your clothes will never sustain any damage or tears during the washing process.
Priced at a moderate 30000 INR, Bosch delivers both with a satisfactory amount of features and great mechanical quality brought to you by the best of German technology.
- Like all Bosch washing machines, this also comes with 2 years of comprehensive product warranty and 10 years of motor warranty.
- A speciality of Bosch is how fast it can get your laundry done. Its Speed Perfect technology allows it to cut wash times by more than half. Great model to opt for if you want to get a short amount of laundry done quickly.
- Has a self-cleaning method that gets rid of all the lint and toxic residue from the drum after the wash. This means better hygiene, and to top it off, no manual maintenance required.
- Anti-vibration design instates much better stability. Also reduces the noise levels dramatically, managing levels as low as 49 dB during the wash
- It has an electricity safeguard with a smart fluctuation monitoring system. When the voltage goes above the safe levels, it will sense danger and freeze all operation until the situation stabilizes.
- The Bosch WAK20166IN also comes with Bosch’s Active Water Plus technology, which can determine the fabric and the laundry weight to increase or reduce water levels accordingly.
- It also comes with the Vario Drum water flow system to make efficient use of water, and adjust it throughout the cycle to eliminate dirt and stains as well as possible without harming your clothes.
Also Read: Best Washing Machine in India
LG’s new FH0F is a great front-loader if you don’t want extra features. It boasts broadly two modules – one for speeding up washing and another for thorough, deep washing for baby wear.
- If you use the Turbo-Wash module you can get the laundry done in a jiffy, i.e. you can get a full wash cycle done in an hour, and this is without any reduction to performance. Additionally, this is water-efficient too!
- Alternately, it meets your baby wear demands with the Baby Care mode, which ramps up the temperature as high as 203 degrees Fahrenheit to purge all bacteria. With a thorough cleanup process, this also eliminates any concern over detergent residue on clothes.
- Max spin speed of 1000 rpm.
- 2 Years of the comprehensive product warranty.
- If not a whole bunch of other things, LG FH0F definitely tops the looks chart. Its seamless aesthetics is complemented by a slick and easy-to-use touchscreen control panel, which is also waterproof.
- If you are familiar with the standard washing cycle phases, you will notice that LG introduces a new rinse hold cycle phase. In this, the washed clothes are suspended in the water for some time before the spinning operation starts. This enhances the cleaning effectiveness, and also gives the washed clothes a nice, fresh scent.
- LG utilizes not just two or three, but an astounding six-motion Direct Drive Technology. It ensures a vigorous and flawless washing process by combining 6 directions and types of drum rotation – stepping, filtration, scrubbing, rolling, swing, and tumble motion.
This allows it to get rid of stains on a variety of fabrics that would otherwise be a trouble to you.
- The direct drive motor that powers it minimizes vibration, and as a result, this is one of the most silent washing machines you can get in India.
- Not only is LG FH0F water and energy-efficient in general, but it also has a very advanced self-servicing module. It has a Smart Diagnosis system that can check for and attempt to repair up to 85 unique common errors. This means you spend less time and money on maintenance and servicing, making it a great budget choice.
Priced at just above 20000 INR, this is the most budget-friendly model you can get from IFB for a 6kg load capacity.
- Even though it comes at a low cost, its durability is nothing to scoff at. The IFB Diva comes with 4 years of comprehensive product warranty, plus 10 more years of added spare part support.
- Like all IFB washing machines, this also implements the Aqua Energie technology. Its filter treatment will both break down hard water into soft water for more efficient washing, as well as help the detergent dissolve well.
- You can rest easy without fear of laundry imbalance because it has a built-in mechanism to redistribute the laundry pile to a balanced shape before the washing operation begins.
- It has a low rotation speed at 800 rpm, but its 2D Wash system makes use of a sprinkler to shower the clothes with fresh water intermittently. Because of this, the laundry is soaked and cleaned more thoroughly.
- It has a ball valve technology that eliminates detergent wastage.
- The crescent moon drum makes sure no tears are incurred on your clothes even at full rotation speed.
- Allows you to pause the washing cycle and add more laundry midway!
A priority in Samsung WW60M206LMW is a gentle treatment of your precious clothes. It will offer most other conveniences of modern front-loading automatic washing machines, but this priority of eliminating damage on your laundry is front and centre.
- To make sure that there are no tears, holes, or protruding impressions on your clothing, Samsung’s washing machine utilizes a Diamond Drum. The drum has no sharp edges, and the water exit holes are almost half the standard size. Because of this, it is nearly impossible for your clothes to get trapped in them.
- While it does not have the highest spin speeds in the market, 1000 rpm is decent for regular home usage.
- This washing machine will last you a long time, promising at least 20 years of service along with a 10-year warranty coverage.
- Its motor is powered by a digital inverter. This gives you voltage control, better performance, and minimizes noise all at the same time.
- This is a great choice if you do a smaller load of laundry regularly rather than all of it at a go. It has a selectable wash length which can be as little as 15 minutes. If you have a busy schedule, Samsung WW60M will complement it very well.
- The hard water-scale buildup is a common problem that almost guarantees a service call after about a year of usage. This is minimized with WW60M’s ceramic heater, which counters this to some extent and enhanced durability.
- Other than a LED display, it also comes with an ergonomic dial to let you easily switch between any of its 10 modes.
This is one of the cheapest as well as the most cost-efficient washing machine available in India. At 6 kg of load capacity, it is the perfect fit for the laundry needs of a couple or a bachelor.
- If you want the wonders of Bosch’s German technology, this is the washing machine to look out for. It comes with the signature Active Water technology that adjusts water levels according to laundry weight.
- It is comparatively quiet thanks in part to its anti-vibration design principles, going even below 50 dB during the wash cycle.
- Has a pre-wash phase which soaks the cloths and then washes out the dirty water before the washing operation begins.
- Has an automated drum-cleaning method to disinfect the drum and remove lint and chemical residues.
- It offers great customization when it comes to washing If you are hard pressed for time, for example, you can even set the washing process to be done and dusted with within 15 minutes.
- Comes pre-installed with a voltage fluctuation monitoring system that automatically disables the machine if voltage level exceeds safe limits.
This is the definitive front-loader you want to go with if budget is your primary concern. As a cheap solution, BPL’s copper-motor washing machine lacks many of the neat features available on models from other manufacturers, but it covers all the basics and certainly does not under perform.
- A 6.5kg load capacity is decent for a small family, but to go with it, it also features maximum spin speed as high as 1200 rpm. This already makes it a steal deal at 17000 INR.
- It takes up very little space, and this makes it viable for smaller apartments.
- Along with a numerical display, it also comes with an ergonomic dial to quickly switch between modes.
- It has eight preset modes that optimize the washing cycle according to the fabric material.
- This also includes the cursory spin mode, as well as a quick-mode which can get your laundry done in 15 minutes.
- Unlike many models even placed at a higher range than it, the BPL BFAFL65 provides a manual temperature control button.
- Has an easily accessible drawer for easy input of detergent.
Now, to answer the question, which one among these is the best of the best? Technically, this cannot be answered as there is no clear winner – your best choice will depend on your conditions and your priorities.
So to declare a forerunner, we take into account the best performance a front-loader can deliver. This crown goes to IFB Senator Aqua SX which boasts both the highest spin speed of 1400 rpm and an 8-kg load capacity. Along with this, the model is durable and feature-heavy enough to make it a bang for your bucks.
That said, mileages and opinions do vary. And just as our opinion, yours is valued too. So comment below and let us know which one you think works out the best for you!