When the weekend comes, and you finally don’t have to work, you have to clean up. Crazy party! I’m sure there are a thousand and one things you want more than picking up the brush and the picker.
But now, with vacuum cleaners, cleaning the house is easier than ever. The machines are getting smaller, lighter and more powerful, and even autonomous! And if you don’t have one yet, it’s because you don’t want it (and not for price),
However, there are so many types available on the market that it can be crazy to choose it without knowledge or help. That’s why we’ve gotten to work and compared the best vacuum cleaners on the market below.
Tips for choosing a good vacuum cleaner
Buying a vacuum cleaner can be one of the most difficult tasks, especially if you’re not even sure which type you’re going to buy. Wireless, wired, robot, bagless… It’s crazy. And that’s not to mention the number of models and brands on the market. Don’t be overwhelmed, some of the most important factors to consider when buying the best home vacuum cleaner are these:
- Type of dirt: You should consider whether what you are going to suck in is common dust or if, for example, you need to collect pet hair (even several); or extra debris, such as chimney ash or some pellet stove or similar.
- Power: higher power, higher suction capacity. This relates to the previous point, because depending on the type of dirt and also the size of the area, you may need more power and autonomy to get better results.
- Mobility: whatever type it is, it should be easy to handle and easily scroll—besides, the lighter, the better.
- Brand: It is important to take into account the support of a recognized brand if you are looking for quality. Thus, it will incorporate the latest technologies and quality materials. Besides, you will be able to consult the opinions of buyers and experts, as well as reviews and rankings of their best models.
- Price: you can find different prices depending on the qualities and technical characteristics you are looking for. Remember that what’s good for someone doesn’t necessarily have to be good for you. Find out with our shopping guide and choose the model that best suits you, your home if you can forget about the price factor to buy the best on the market.
How much money should I spend on my vacuum cleaner?
Cheap is expensive, and more when it comes to technology products. You can buy this product at very economical prices, but the power and suction quality of the device leaves a lot to be desired. In general:
- Low range (less than 100o) – They are effective, but they don’t usually have as many accessories, and the filtering system isn’t always the best. They are ideal if the space to be cleaned is small, if it is not very dirty or if you are going to use it occasionally. In this group, it is difficult to get a suitable vacuum cleaner to collect pet hairs.
- Mid-range (between 100o and 200o) – They offer the best price-quality ratio on the market. They are very versatile, as they bring accessories that allow them to suck on almost all types of surfaces. They are easy to use and come with different capabilities to fit the size of the area you want to clean.
- High-end (more than 200o) – In this range are the highest quality models, which are the ones that incorporate the latest technological innovations such as ultra-silent vacuum cleaners; or self-contained vacuum robots, designed to pick up pet hair without you having to move a finger.
Best Vacuum Cleaners in India 2021
1. Dyson V6 Total Clean Vacuum Cleaner
We are looking at one of the brands of vacuum cleaners par excellence in terms of quality; you will not find anything like it; it is usually very well valued by the OCU.
The Dyson V6 Total Clean model has been created to make your life easier; it gives you 30 minutes of power without loss of suction and with twice the power of a normal vacuum cleaner.
It’s Dyson V6 digital motor makes it the most powerful and energy-efficient cordless vacuum cleaner on the market, it has a power selector to choose the suction capacity we want, efficient filtering to separate dirt, hair and air and is also a 2 in 1 as it is a cordless vacuum cleaner and in turn a hand vacuum cleaner.
What do other buyers think?
“I bought this vacuum cleaner because the floor of my house is mostly parquet, and I have been thrilled with the results. It does not abuse the surface and is very powerful, absorbs all dirt without problems. The best thing is the tank which is very practical to empty. I recommend it”
2. Bosch Relaxx’x Prosilence66 Vacuum Cleaner
Thanks to the Quattro Power system, this bagless vacuum cleaner achieves excellent cleaning results while saving you energy. Its most notey feature is that it is ultra-silent, so it is ideal if you have babies or young children since you can vacuum at any time without worrying about disturbing them. Besides, it comes with an 11-meter-long cable that allows you to move around large areas without having to switch plugs, making cleaning faster.
Its high-tech HEPA filters recommended by the OCU, collect even the smallest residues preventing them from returning to the environment and achieving greater efficiency, that is why this vacuum cleaner is excellent for allergic people. It comes with a special brush for wooden surfaces and nozzles to clean upholstery, curtains, corners and the inside of drawers or cabinets. That’s why this is a very functional product. Additionally, it comes with a brush with SilentCleantechnology, which reduces air turbulence, which causes noise.
What do other buyers think?
“This vacuum cleaner is of excellent quality. The use to suck all kinds of surfaces, and the nozzles are beneficial. The length of the cable is perfect and makes no noise. I have a baby, and I use it when I sleep without any problem. That’s impossible to do with a traditional vacuum cleaner.”
3. Rowenta Air Force Vacuum Cleaner
This is a wireless broom vacuum cleaner, which combines practicality and high performance. It works with a lithium battery that gives you up to 65 minutes of battery life, so you can perform cleaning efforts without complications. It comes with the Air Force cyclonic vacuum system, characteristic of the Rowenta brand, which completely separates dust particles, preventing them from twisting into the environment.
Its main brush, called the Delta head, has a peculiar triangular shape, which makes it perfect for vacuuming in corners, or areas close to walls and that are difficult to access. Its swivel brush is very effective as it collects all kinds of dirt. Besides, it is convenient to clean as it comes with a fully removable tank, which does not require a bag and is very easy to empty.
It comes with 3 LED indicators that alert you to the battery charge level and is very comfortable thanks to its ergonomic handle. The best thing is that its parking position makes it possible to store it in a practical way and without taking up much space.
What do other buyers think?
“This vacuum cleaner is efficient; I am delighted with it, I use it several times before I have to put it to load. The tank is effortless to empty; you don’t have to touch anything dirty. 100% recommended”
4. Bosch BBH625W60 Athlete Vacuum Cleaner
This cordless, bagless vacuum comes with an innovative rotary brush that removes dirt on any type of surface, including delicate ones, achieving high efficiency. Its lithium battery gives it autonomy for up to 60 minutes. Besides, thanks to its Sensor Control technology that detects when the filter is full, this vacuum cleaner allows you to save energy and always maintain the same level of performance.
It is very comfortable to handle, as it is ultralight, weighs just 3 kilos. And its articulated brush makes it possible to position it horizontally, so you don’t have to bend down when vacuuming under furniture. Its Easy Clean system makes both the tank and brush removable and easy to clean, and you can always have your vacuum cleaner ready to use.
Its parking position allows you to store it easily and recharge the battery quickly, in just 3 hours. It comes with 3 levels of suction so you can adapt it to your cleaning routine.
What do other buyers think?
“This is a product of excellent quality. The suction power is amazing, and the best thing is that it’s really light, just like the description says. It’s worth every euro it costs because you can tell I’m going to be able to use it for a long time.”
5. Rowenta Compact Power Cyclonic
This is a very efficient vacuum cleaner that runs on a power of 700 W. It is very resistant as it is made of stainless steel and high-quality plastic. Bring a Softcare brush for delicate wooden surfaces such as parquet, an Easy Brush 2 in 1, and a nozzle for 2 in 1 groove, with which you can vacuum even in the narrowest places.
It also comes with a brush integrated into the handle, perfect for cleaning inside cabinets, or on tables. And its double filtering system ensures effective cleaning, which collects all the dirt. It is effortless to handle as it comes with a 6.2-meter cable and its wheels are 360-degree swivel. No bag required, and its removable tank is effortless to empty.
What do other buyers think?
“For the price it costs, it’s an excellent product. Very powerful. It collects all kinds of dirt without a problem and is very easy to use. Swivel wheels are wonderful. I’d repurchase it.”
6. Cecotec broom vacuum cleaner
This cordless, bagless broom vacuum cleaner is very versatile and efficient, because, by design, it can function as a portable vacuum cleaner with 2 nozzles to be able to remove dirt in furniture, cabinets, tables, etc., without any effort. That’s why it’s the ideal vacuum cleaner for the home because it allows you to clean everywhere, maintaining the advantages of vertical wireless vacuum cleaners.
Its lithium battery gives it autonomy for up to 60 minutes. Besides, its innovative Ergonomic Foldable System allows you to vacuum in hard-to-reach areas, such as under beds or furniture. Its HEPA-powered filter, and its 800 ml tank, make this vacuum cleaner very effective at removing even the smallest particles of dust.
This vacuum cleaner works with 3 suction modes. Turbo mode, for extreme vacuuming, ideal in areas with lots of dust. Eco mode, which allows you to save energy, maintaining optimal performance and a mode that turns off the motorized brush and only sucks.
What do other buyers think?
“I’m really surprised by the quality of this vacuum cleaner. It does everything, and you can suck in any area or surface. Besides, it doesn’t weigh much. As a portable vacuum cleaner, it’s great; I can clean my car without problems. It’s the best vacuum cleaner I’ve ever bought.
Our recommendations and opinions
The best vertical vacuum cleaner: Bosch BBH218LTD Readyy’ and
This type of domestic vacuum cleaner is 2 in 1, i.e. it serves as a vertical vacuum cleaner and also as a handheld vacuum cleaner. Its lithium battery gives it greater autonomy and its LED indicator, allows you to control its charge level easily. Its motorized brush with high airflow, and flexible, allows sucking all kinds of dirt, achieving effective cleaning without much effort. The portable vacuum cleaner brings an extra nozzle to get to the narrowest places. And its upright position makes it very easy to store and load.
The best cordless vacuum cleaner: Forzaspira SE110
For its high power, this type of vacuum cleaner without cable and the bag is considered the best of its kind. It’s effortless to handle, doesn’t get clogged and doesn’t take up much space. Its multi-cyclonic system with HEPA filter traps even the smallest particles of dust, without them twisting into the environment. It is also the only one with a brush with natural mane bristles that protects delicate surfaces such as parquet floors. Its removable tank is efficient to empty.
The best robot vacuum cleaner: Cecotec Conga Excellence 990
This type of robot vacuum cleaner sweeps, vacuums, passes the mow and scrubs the floor, so it will allow you to keep your home spotless. It is perfect for picking up pet hair and fits any type of surface. Its intelligent navigation system and ultra-thin design make it easy to clean up any space no matter the obstacles. It comes with two side brushes specially designed to trap dirt on the equines and near the walls. This robot vacuum cleaner can return only to its base after cleaning is complete or when the battery charge is at a low level.
The best handheld vacuum cleaner: VicTsing
This type of handheld vacuum cleaner is considered the best on the market, as its high technology allows it to remove dust, food waste and even small amounts of liquid without problems. Its cyclonic vacuuming system prevents particles from returning and filters all dust very well. Bring 2 washable filters and 3 different nozzles so that you can reach the toughest areas. That’s why it’s the ideal complement to cleaning your home, car or work area.
The best pet vacuum cleaner: Bosch Zoo’o ProAnimal
Thanks to its easy-to-maintain rotary motorized brush, this type of vacuum cleaner are the best to remove annoying hairs from your pet. This brush with two types of bristles, removes fur, even on carpets. It also comes with a kit of accessories specially designed to catch fur even in the most difficult places. Both the tank and brush can be completely removed for easy cleaning. This way, you can always keep your vacuum cleaner ready to use. This pet vacuum cleaner is ultralight, and its lithium battery gives it up to 60 minutes of battery life.
The best carpet vacuum cleaner: Bissell CrossWave
This is the best type of carpet vacuum cleaner as it can vacuum, wash and dry difficult surfaces such as sealed floors and carpets. Its technology, with two tanks, separates the dirty water so that it does not stain the surface, and the tank is easy to extract and fill. Suu hybrid roller brush is perfect for deep cleaning. It is effortless to use as it comes with very friendly intuitive buttons and you can use it with the manufacturer’s cleaning formulas, to achieve the best finishes.
The best vacuum cleaner for allergies and asthma: Taurus Ultimate Lithium
For its Cyclone System technology and HEPA filtration, this type of vacuum cleaner guarantees the retention of 99% of dust, mites and dirt. That’s why it’s ideal for those suffering from asthma or allergies. Its vertical design, wireless and without bags, make it very practical to use. Its high-performance motorized brush is ideal for deep cleaning. And its accessories are effortless to assemble, thanks to its one-click system. Its flexible brush in 180 degrees, reaches even the most difficult places, and its 600 ml tank, is effortless to disassemble and clean. It becomes a handheld vacuum cleaner, ideal for cleaning inside cabinets, on tables or furniture.
The best vacuum cleaner for the car: Black & Decker PD-1200-AV
With 12V power, lighter adapter, and flexible tube, this type of vacuum cleaner is perfect for cleaning your entire car. Its 5-meter long cable will give you the freedom to vacuum the whole vehicle without problems. Its design allows you to remove the flexible tube, so you can more comfortably vacuum certain areas such as the board, or the trunk. Its cyclonic action system with the motor in the filter prevents dirt from returning to the environment, and the tank is emptied very easily thanks to its side opening that makes you not have to touch the dirt.
The best vacuum cleaner for hardwood or parquet floors: Rowenta Silence Force RO8324
This type of vacuum cleaner with powerful 3AAA performance and Softcare parquet brush is ideal for taking care of your wooden floors and achieving deep cleanliness. Its multi-cyclonic technology separates air from dust particles very well, maintaining optimal performance and preventing dirt from returning to the environment. It has a tank of 2 litres capacity, which allows you to vacuum large areas without worrying about emptying it. Besides, it is hushed, so you can perform your cleaning tasks without causing discomfort. This vacuum cleaner is straightforward to handle, as it has large wheels and a small rotating front wheel.
The best industrial vacuum cleaner: Karcher WD3
This is the best industrial type vacuum cleaner, as it has an ultra-strong 17-litre tank and can also suck wet dirt. Its modern design with floor nozzle and suction hose, allows you to eliminate the most difficult dirt. The removable handle allows you to use the nozzles without further effort, to make cleaning easier. And its filter doesn’t require as much maintenance as it doesn’t need to be changed and works for both dry suction and wet surfaces. It is very comfortable, thanks to its ergonomic handle and pulls and push closure system. And it’s designed to store both cable and accessories inside it.
Buying guide for the best vacuum cleaner on the market
You and I both know you’d love to have the perfect house. The problem comes when it comes to spending the little time you have on housework. We have a thousand things to do, we’re tired of work and sweeping the house isn’t usually one of our priorities, is it?
That’s why we’re clear that the vacuum cleaner is our friend. Here we compare all types and teach you how to differentiate a high-end product and one with hardly any technologies. We have taken into account aspects such as ease of use, its power, deposit, autonomy, its lightness, the opinions of buyers and bodies such as the OCU, and many more. Started?
What is a vacuum cleaner or vacuum cleaner?
It is a home appliance or device in which a potent engine sucks dirt through a handle and stores it in a tank, all easily and quickly.
There are many types, and they evolve over the years, incorporating better and better technologies that facilitate the cleaning of the floors of the house.
What should you consider when buying your vacuum cleaner?
There are many points in common between the different vacuum cleaner models on the market and getting to know them is critical to choose the one that best fits your budget without losing quality along the way. Here are the most interesting points to check and compare different models before purchasing your product:
1. Power of the device
The power of the vacuum cleaner is essential because it will help us to know the suction capacity of the product: the higher it is, the more cleaning capacity it will have. This is the theory, although, in practice, this is not because suction depends on other factors as well, and not just on power.
Keep in mind that, depending on the manufacturer, this suction power may vary and is sometimes not well used.
It is something that does not happen in the high-end models of great well-known brands. Hence they are more reliable when buying a product like this. Runaway from unknown brands, especially if they are mega cheap.
2. Filter for vacuuming
These filters are important, as they are the ones that make sure that all the dust ends up in the tank and does not end up again by the house. If the filter is not good, the vacuuming loses efficiency, and the result is to have to pass the vacuum cleaner several times in the same place, making us waste more time on the task.
The most widespread filter type in quality vacuum cleaners is the HEPA (High-Efficiency Particle Arrester) filter. It is a filter that traps most of the microparticles from the dust, making the air in the room ready and not ending as when using a duster: with all the air in the living room full of dust. It is something significant to value, especially if there are people at home who suffer some kind of allergy to dust or mites.
Classification of vacuum filters recommended by the OCU:
- EPA Filters: They are high-efficiency filters, usually 3 classes; E10, E11 and E12.
- HEPA Filters: They are very high-efficiency filters and the most widespread together with the EPA, is subdivided into 2 classes: H13 and H14.
- ULPA Filters: They are ultra-low penetration filters, they are for areas of a maximum level of cleaning, for such as hospitals, residence or similar, you have 3 classes: U15, U16 and U17.
3. Ease of use: size and weight of the appliance
When buying a vacuum cleaner, it is essential to consider some aspects recommended by the OCU, such as the space you have to store it. If you have space on your terrace, maybe a sled vacuum cleaner is a good choice. On the contrary, if the place where you have thought of putting it is a wardrobe, it would be best to have a vertical vacuum cleaner or a robot type vacuum cleaner.
Another important aspect is the weight. If your home is huge, and the product is heavy, it can make the cleaning task much more complicated, especially if you have to go up and downstairs.
And finally, vacuum mobility is essential. If it’s not easy and convenient to use, you’re going to use it 2 times, and you’re going to leave it abandoned. That’s why you have to consider things like:
- Does the appliance have wheels? If you ride with wheels, your travel will be easier and more comfortable,e and your back will not suffer during use.
- Is it wireless or wired? If you have cable, it is important to know how many meters this has to know if we can clean comfortably or it will limit ourselves to the plugs that the house has, which is what usually happens. If it is wireless, the battery life is something to consider also depending on the time we spend cleaning.
- How high is the vacuum cleaner? Keep that in mind, because if you’re too tall and the handle is low and can’t be adjusted, you won’t clean in an awkward posture.
4. Vacuum battery and autonomy
When using a wireless or cordless vacuum cleaner, the cleaning task is much more comfortable. However, you have to take into account the battery life of the device: it is not to be pleased that within 20 minutes of starting the battery start to float and vacuum power is lost.
Normally, the autonomy of a vacuum cleaner will depend on the voltage of the vacuum cleaner: the higher its voltage capacity, the more autonomy it usually has and this also usually translates into the price of it, often you will see cheap vacuum cleaners that seem to have everything, but when you look at things like suction power or autonomy leave much to be desired, try to have them have at least 20V.
As long as you’re cleaning your home, keep in mind that: the higher the power, the lower the battery of it. It’s the same thing that happens with your phone’s battery when you turn up the screen brightness.
Another thing that is usually recommended in wireless vacuum cleaners is the classic charging indicator, which will help us to know if we will have enough time to finish cleaning or not.
5. Noise from the appliance
Depending on where you live, it is sometimes advisable to take into account the decibels that your device has, because if you are in a villa, it may not be necessary. Still, in a small apartment where you can disturb the neighbours, it is something to keep in mind and what the OCU emphasizes.
You have quite a few models that take great care of this aspect being silent vacuum cleaners: although they keep making a sound, this one is much smaller, so from one room to another does not bother so much.
How to use your vacuum cleaner?
If you have already bought your vacuum cleaner, here are some handy tricks to make the most of it and your home is impeccable:
- Read the instructions – Although it may be tedious, you need to familiarize yourself with the parts and take into account any risks in the operation of the product. That’s why we recommend reading the manufacturer’s manual.
- Prepare the place– It is important that before starting to vacuum clean the whole area, making sure to remove small objects that can be sucked out of the ground and damage the appliance.
- Vacuum direction – You must move the head from back to front and vice versa, as it is at the time of rewind that the vacuum cleaner performs the suction function.
- Use the accessories – Use the different nozzles as directed by the instructions, as this way, you will achieve better results and with less effort. Do not use the traditional brush to vacuum areas other than the floor.
- Clean the tank – The best way to maintain the performance level of your vacuum cleaner is by emptying the tank frequently, and, if possible, at the end of each cleaning routine.
How does a vacuum cleaner work?
The operation of a vacuum cleaner consists of sucking the air near the nozzle and thus the dust that is there. This process is carried out thanks to:
- An electric motor that allows a constant flow of air.
- This movement of air causes dust particles to enter the inside of the appliance, which are retained in the porous filters, causing the air to return clean.
- This cycle is optimized thanks to the telescopic tube and flexible hose, as well as the shapes of the nozzles, which modify the suction level to trap dirt in more difficult places.
Types of Vacuum Cleaners
The fan is super varied, and you have to be clear about the advantages and disadvantages of each type, as well as its real functionalities. We’ve tried to synthesize it below:
1. Smart Vacuum Robot
2. Broom vacuum cleaner
They are also known as vertical vacuum cleaners and stand out because they have a less powerful suction than a wired model, but have the advantage that they incorporate a battery and are fully wireless. If you’re going to choose this option, compare powers, autonomy time and accessories included
3. Handheld vacuum cleaner
These are very light vacuum cleaners that do not need a bag because the tank is a compartment of the appliance itself. They are not powerful but useful for cleaning dirt from the table after meals, for the sofa, bed and even for cleaning the car or PC.
4. Vacuum cleaner without bag
Bagless vacuum cleaner models are now the most popular because they accumulate dirt in an easy-to-clean tank that makes it much more comfortable and a cheaper option. After all, you don’t need to be buying spare parts.
However, you should keep in mind that if there are allergic people at home. If you don’t have this problem, in the middle of 2020, we will choose to buy it without a bag.
5. Cordless vacuum cleaner
Known as wireless vacuum cleaners or cordless broom vacuum cleaners, it is a product with a rechargeable battery that does not need cables for its operation. They are ideal for small houses and very comfortable for quick cleanings, although the low autonomy of some models makes it difficult to clean the whole house.
6. Industrial vacuum cleaners
If you need an industrial vacuum cleaner because you are a professional and at certain times you must take care of cleaning both liquids and solids here I leave you some models that will be of great help.
Parts of a vacuum cleaner
The different important parts or parts in a household cleaning product like this are as follows:
- Port of entry. It is the main part, the area where all the dirt enters. This is the nozzle area and, depending on its shape, and the power of the appliance will suck in the dust better or worse.
- Filters. Its function is to retain as much dust as possible. The most recommended are HEPA filters and are often important to extend the life of the product or improve its suction speed.
- Departure port. This is the area through which air is expelled after dust particles fall onto the vacuum tank. This port is usually always located at the top of the appliance.
- I’m depositing. It is usually the largest and heaviest part of the appliance. It is responsible for accumulating dirt and, depending on the type of vacuum cleaner; sometimes, it is a bag that you must change or a removable deposit that you have to empty from time to time. Knowing their ability is essential to compare between models. The more deposit, the more weight, but the fewer times you’ll need to empty it.
- Engine. It is located in the main area of the vacuum cleaner, usually above the tank or tank, and will be responsible for the rotations and suction of the vacuum cleaner. The motor operates based on its power and machine voltage.
Types of vacuum accessories
Some of the accessories or spare parts used with this type of product are as follows:
- Vacuum bags: it is a replacement without which your device cannot work in case you have opted for a model with the bag.
- Nozzles: These are accessories that will allow you to reach different areas that are difficult to access.
- Brushes: They will allow you to work on different types of soils to achieve better results and not damage them. You have different types, such as the turbo brush for carpets or carpets; the parquet brush or two-position brush that will serve you for all options interchangeably.
Cleaning and maintenance of a vacuum cleaner
Depending on the type of product you have chosen, cleaning and maintenance will be one way or another.
You will need to clean the tank where dirt and filters are stored, which will be placed in different places depending on the type of vacuum cleaner:
- In the handheld ones, remove the small tank in which the dirt is stored. Empty and clean with a damp cloth.
- Where they have cable, there may or may not be a bag. If you have a bag, you only have to have spare parts of bags compatible with your model and remove the fill and insert the new one. If you do not have a bag, remove the dust tank and empty it.
- For Roomba robots, remove the tank, empty it and wipe it with a cloth.
Brands there are many and choosing the best ones is not an easy task, but after a thorough analysis, we stay with these:
- Dyson Vacuum Cleaner: is a brand that continues to innovate to offer a wide, versatile and competitive range of top-notch vacuum cleaners. Cordless, sledding, vertical, handheld and even robot vacuum cleaners are part of its catalogue, highlighting among the best sellers and better valued its Dyson V7, V10 and V11 wireless models.
- Rowenta Vacuum Cleaner: German brand born more than 100 years ago that stands out for manufacturing powerful models with reduced energy consumption. Highlights include its cordless Rowenta Air Force 460 broom vacuum cleaner, cordless Air Force Extreme Silence, wired Swift Power Cyclonic, Rowenta Smart Force Essential Aqua robot and Silence Force Multi bagless model.
- Roomba Vacuum Cleaner: a brand famous all over the world thanks to its autonomous robots that were born in 2002 and that continue to improve to this day. If you have a budget, it’s the best robot vacuum cleaner on the market. We highlight models 671, 960 and I7.
- Bosh vacuum cleaner: brand always linked to the avant-garde in terms of engineering applied to the home and its current line of vacuum cleaners is no exception. Its new bags with special technology increase the performance, durability and removal of allergens from their models. Highlights include the Bosch Unlimited 8 Series (cordless broom), Bosch BBH218LTD Readyy’ and 2-in-1 (cordless and handheld) and ProSilence with 700W cable.
Frequently Asked Questions from Our Readers
There are plenty of doubts when buying and using a household product like this. In our purchase guide you will find all the information, but below you also have extra information because we have answered the most common questions:
What’s better: a vacuum cleaner with a bag or without a bag?
Bag vacuum cleaners have a slightly easier operation, as dirt from the suction air passes directly through the tube and into the bag. Obviously, once it fills up, the suction begins to decrease.
The main disadvantage of bag vacuum cleaners is the ongoing expense you’ll need to make in disposable bags. Although there are models that have reusable bags, they must be washed and dried before reuse.
Bagless vacuum cleaners operate with a cyclonic air system that sucks dust, traps it in a filter, and returns clean air. The waste is trapped in a tank that is removable and easy to clean. Obviously, this mechanism will save you money by buying bags.
However, you should keep in mind that these vacuum cleaners require emptying the filter frequently, as, without a bag, particles can pass directly into the engine mechanism and damage it.
What’s better: a vertical or sled vacuum cleaner?
In terms of power and results, both models offer a wide range of products that are of excellent quality. Therefore, choosing a vertical vacuum cleaner or sled type will depend on other factors. One of the most important is space, that is, verticals usually take up less space when it comes to storing them thanks to their parking position. That’s why they can be a good choice if you don’t have a lot of storage space.
On the other hand, sled vacuum cleaners do not require to be loaded, so you can always use them: just plug it in, and you’re done. In contrast, vertical vacuum cleaners require charging the battery. This process can take several hours, which can limit the cleaning routine., but then they are autonomous, and cleaning is much easier without the need to be moving cables and switching plugs into plugs.
What’s better: a wireless or wired vacuum cleaner?
A wireless vacuum cleaner has the biggest advantage: it allows you to move more easily. It doesn’t matter how big the area is. That’s why they are highly recommended for large homes, but also for small ones since you don’t have to worry about the length of the cable, and to have to disconnect and connect it many times during cleaning.
However, cable vacuum cleaners currently offer designs that are also very comfortable, such as cables with wide length footage, as well as swivel wheels that help make equipment mobilization practical. Besides, they do not require recharging batteries.
Is there a vacuum cleaner that works on its own?
The future is today. The thing about a small robot cleaning your house automatically is no longer part of science fiction or a Black Mirror chapter. Smart robot vacuum cleaners have been on the market for just over ten years and are getting better and cheaper. They are usually round or oval, disc-like, and have movement autonomy.
While not all of them, more and more leading brands are launching their own robot vacuum cleaners, so the offering is likely only to grow, and we have a fairly wide catalogue of models.
What vacuum cleaners do you fry too?
There are few models, but among which there are, Ecotec’s Excellence Conga stands out. This vacuum cleaner has two types of tank, allowing you to clean four times: sweeping, suction and scrubbing. The floor is immaculate and without moving a finger.
Do you recommend any vacuum cleaners for a particular car?
The options are varied, and it is difficult to choose.
A car vacuum cleaner should be versatile, lightweight, with suitable accessories and good power. Although there are several that meet these characteristics, we recommend the Electrolux ZB3013 because it is a 2 in 1 that, in its hand vacuum mode and with brush accessories, can easily comply with the function of vacuuming your car but, besides, it is a vertical vacuum cleaner that will serve you for other tasks. So, you have a great vacuum cleaner for your car and, by the way, a vertical for your home.
Are there water-operated vacuum cleaners?
Although in principle, it may seem a little strange, they do exist. They usually use water either for their filter or to fulfil the middle function. A couple of examples are the Hoover SSNV 1400 vacuum cleaner – with water tank and steam regulator, for more function – and the two-speed Taurus Speedfight 29.2 ( with water filter).
Who invented vacuum cleaners?
As with almost all inventions, there is controversy over who was the inventor of this technology. According to Thoughtco it is common for the British Hubert Cecil Booth or the American James Murray Spangler to be named as the first to publicize technologies forerunners of what we now know as a vacuum cleaner. However, patent documents have a pre-registration of either of the above-mentioned two. This is Daniel Hess, from Iowa, USA, who in 1860 patented a suction-based cleaning system for floors and folders. This is the oldest record you have of a vacuum cleaner patent.
It would be fair to say that it was a first step forward and that the vacuum cleaner as such arose over time and the subsequent developments of others.